Painkiller is now operating rather smoothly on my (mostly) current rig. Jordan, the director of my audio department, lent me a Ti4600 128MB card which did the trick. I had a Ti4200 64MB in there before and it just didn't have the RAM to handle all of the data. It's a beautiful game that would be fantastic in a cooperative mode if the developers had bothered to implement one. I would call it a horror-themed Serious Sam. The main character doesn't have the goofy charisma of Sam (who in turn couldn't quite match Duke Nukem), which makes for a lot of bloody gun fights but no ridiculous one-liner dialogue. Personally, I hope someone comes along and injects another huge dosage of humor into the first person shooter genre again. I'm so bored of ultra-serious WWII and other military based games. I don't even play them anymore and I'm still sick of them.
We are almost fully moved into the new house. There are a couple of boxes yet to be unpacked and some that need to be stored in the basement, but we have successfully eliminated the huge pile of boxes in the living room and picked up all of the stray packing material from the floor. It's really starting to feel like we live there. What we truly need is some furniture. The living room is practically a desolate wasteland. It contains a couch and a bookshelf that act as a small oasis in a barren desert. Once we generate some ideas for how we want the rooms to look, we can actually start some remodeling and repair projects. But generating ideas is the fun part. Actually working on a project isn't terrible either. However, ponying up the dough for the idea is a whole different story. We'll see we can actually afford. I keep telling myself, "One room at a time."
My parents are in town for a few days to see the new house and to run around the city a little bit. It's going to be a fleeting weekend.
Currently listening to: Charles Dodge, The Waves
No comments:
Post a Comment