Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Back-up Before B-Fest

The annual B-movie festival B-Fest will wreak its own brand of cinematic havok on the campus of my alma mater this weekend. Dennis and I will most certainly be in attendance. However, I consider us only two of the lucky few who were able to acquire tickets. The entire event sold out in just two and a half days. That's under 72 hours to you and me, Jimmy. Next year, I expect a nerd riot.

However, even more pathetic than an all out dork brawl over a festival of terrible movies, are the dorks who have seen the current line-up of movies already. I must admit that I have already seen three of the movies on this year's list, but my dorkiness pales in comparison to Dennis who has seen almost all of them. As he has already been primed by the opportunity to preview this year's selection, I expect his jokes to be of the utmost caliber.

On other notes, Evan and Sandy were forced to cancel their trip to our house this past weekend due to the weather. After shoveling the driveway and marveling at the result of my task, two 4.5 foot piles of snow flanking the driveway, I agreed that remaining in their hometown bunker was a wise decision.

The uncooperative weather did give me a chance to change out my problematic hard drive, however. I no longer have to live in fear that I will never see my precious data again if the machine were to shut down inadvertently. Not that I would have been at a complete loss if it actually had occurred, though. I do backup my data on a regular basis just in case such a thing were to happen. I hope you do, too.

No comments: