Ah, Friday afternoon! Finally. This week has been extremely busy. I got three new format projects handed to me this week and all of them were quite large. All three projects contain lots of voice over, sound effects, and dual tone MIDI melodies. In addition, they're supposed to be completely finished (meaning perfect executable code and ready for manufacturing) by next Friday! I'm not so sure about that, but I'll certainly try.
I was able to farm out the dual tone melodies and some sound effects to a couple of my coworkers and even with three of us working on different portions at the same time, we just finished creating and editing all of the assets for the projects this afternoon. Next Monday will invariably be spent revising and re-editing all of the sounds that aren't desireable to the editor or Jordan. Fortunately, this is about the worst our crunch time ever gets and I still get to go home. It's nowhere near EA-style hell and I'm really thankful for that!
Tomorrow, Amy and I plan to finally finish up the painting project we started three weeks ago. Tonight, we'll spend a few hours taping and tomorrow I plan on completing the application of the second coat of paint. Then, Sunday we'll return everything including the furniture to where it belongs and celebrate the completion of our first real project with some Asti.
Adam called me earlier this week and invited me to be a member of his wedding party. I gratefully accepted, of course. The service is being planned for sometime around Thanksgiving. I forget where the service will be held, but I think in the Virginia Beach area as that's where Theresa's family lives. I'm embarrassed to admit that he did tell me this information on the phone and I've forgotten already, but I can only remember so much and if something is not in need of my immediate attention, I'll get to it later.
Finally, I started commuting to work by bicycle again for the season. So, as long as the weather cooperates, I won't be depending on the buses for a few months. Ever since they changed the bus schedules in March, my commute home by bus has doubled in time. They "convenienced" me right out of a ride home!
No comments:
Post a Comment