In my previous post, I mentioned one of the superstitions surrounding my company's annual picnic. Basically, the superstition says that if one were to perform for the picnic's talent show, then one would not be employed at PIL the following year. But, what happens when the picnic itself becomes the performance?
That's right, folks, the picnic has been cancelled! Wheeeee! The e-mail that delivered the news was one of the most wonderful works of Dilbert-ism that I have seen in recent months. It basically began, "I am pleased to announce..." and then went on to describe the cancellation of the picnic as well as explain the added bonus of getting a half-day off instead. I thought that mentioning the half-day "bonus" was an odd choice considering that if we actually had the picnic, we'd get the half-day off anyway! The only difference without the picnic is that we don't get to head out to the forest preserve to drink beer and eat some food in the sunshine among the company of our co-workers. I guess if I really hated my co-workers that would be a bonus. Unfortunately, I don't hate them. I don't even not like them a little.
On another work note, the new audio person started today so we went out to Buffalo Wild Wings for our New Guy Lunch. It's a strange situation for me, because while I am no longer the newest member of the full-time audio staff, I am still the one with the least amount of experience. The new hire, whose name is Eddie, has lots more experience than me in terms of audio gigs, and has already worked on lots of projects for PIL as a freelancer. So, while I don't know how this will affect me in the long term, in the short term, I still feel like the guy on the bottom of the totem pole.
No comments:
Post a Comment