Saturday, June 23, 2007

Tumblin' Tumbleweeds

I've waited too long to make this next post most of the five of you who stop by here already know the outcome of my previous setup. Anyway, nothing happened. Nobody ever stopped by. No flaming bags of poo on my porch. Nothing. Amy even called them back to ask what was going on. Apparently, the inspector only works Tuesdays and Thursdays or something, but three of those have come and gone since I got the note.

We did, however, inspect the bushes around both alleys near our property a little closer and found that the bushes around our neighbor's property definitely need to be trimmed. More than likely, some of their overgrowth was probably mistaken as ours. Our properties are the only two on a right triangle that is created by those alleys I mentioned before. Now imagine the property line dividing our land from the neighbor's is about two thirds of the distance away from the ninety degree angle and ours is the smaller area of the two parallelograms now created. The other end would of that line would come in contact with the hypotenuse somewhere in between its two endpoints closer to the base of the triangle which would then explain why our neighbors have land that is on all three sides of the triangle. In other words, we don't own the entire length of property on our side of the alley and we think that the inspector probably just eyeballed the overgrown bushes on that side and assumed that we owned everything that he saw.

If this goes any further, and I'm now assuming that it probably won't, I will simply unholster our closing documents that spell out exactly where our property begins and ends.

2 comments:

JuJu's Place said...

Hey-- thanks for the update! Now how about those 8 things about you????? -still waiting..... :)

Alise said...

Yeah, I'm gonna' say that the description you gave of your property would warrent a shout of "Nerd!" ;-DGlad to hear all's well that ends well.