such, such were the joys when we all, girls and boys in our youth time were seen on the echoing green. -- William Blake
Saturday, September 15, 2007
I'm a Happy Robot!
I wanted to give another quick plug for chip tune music so here it is. I've been listening to the stuff for a few years now and I'm really fond of a handful of musicians. I urge you to start surfing and check out the scene. There's lots of free, full-length mp3s to sample at 8bitpeoples.com. Personally, for anyone just starting to explore, I would recommend anything by Bit Shifter and Paza at that site. Bit Shifter works exclusively with Game Boys I believe and Paza did some remixing for Beck's iTunes exclusive single Hell, Yes (the one with 4 tracks). Paza's Ninjani Diskus collection is fantastic Atari ST noise. If you're in the Christmas mood, check out the 8-bit Christmas collection. Fun stuff, that. One more that I can suggest is mmfan316. mmfan316's starbase is in Japan and his songs sometimes include natively inspired melodies which can be a nice change of pace from the Western melodic influences. Hope you like the tracks. Enjoy them, my robots!
No comments:
Post a Comment