Since I finished Portal, I'm playing the Half-Life 2 single player campaign. It's good, no doubt. But it's already wearing on me like any other FPS I've played in recent years (and I haven't played too many of them because I think I got bored with them after 2002). There is certainly fun to be had with Half-Life 2, but I'd rather complain. Frustrating things about the game so far include vehicle control which feels like driving a rubber ball, too much driving in general, and for a game that is striving for realism I can't stand when I shoot a head crab zombie right in the head (where the crab is) only to have the head crab jump up and bite me when the zombie falls to the ground. What? I just shot the thing at point blank range with a shotgun! Minus realism points for that one. In the end, it's a good game that doesn't really introduce anything very meaningful to the current first person shooter template. (Sorry, the gravity gun is cool, but beyond throwing tires and tables at enemies, it doesn't do much to add to the way I play these kinds of games.)
----------------
Now playing: A Tribe Called Quest - Description Of A Fool
via FoxyTunes
No comments:
Post a Comment