Thursday, February 14, 2008

Almost Here

We're in the hospital right now. Amy was dilated between four and five centimeters when we arrived at about 10am. She had been experiencing regular contractions last night and when we timed them they were between four and six minutes from start to start. When we got up for work this morning, Amy took a shower, but was complaining of painful contractions, more so than the night before. So I went to work and she stayed home. At 9:30, I received a phone call. She said it was time.

So, it's about noon now and she's at seven centimeters. Things are quieter now that she has the epidural, although I was actually having a good time trying to keep her calm during the contractions prior to it. I felt like I was helping her somewhat with the experience that way. But she seems very comfortable right now despite a little nausea and I like the temporary quiet, I must admit.

No comments: