Monday, July 21, 2008

Farewell, Chicago

So it's official. I've given my two-weeks notice to PIL today and have accepted a job as full-time music technology faculty at Iowa Western Community College outside of Omaha, Nebraska. I haven't posted much recently because, frankly, not much else has been on my mind and I couldn't talk about anything publicly until today. So much needs to be done on our end that there isn't time for anything besides thinking about moving and actually moving as I start August 4th. Amy will stay behind with Nick for a while to finish our business here and they will hopefully join me by the beginning of September.

I am sad to leave my coworkers behind. They have been a fun group and I will miss them. They've challenged me in ways I never expected and I feel I've become a better person because of it.

I've never been good at goodbyes. We've been seven years in the Chicago area now and we have hat a lot of fun here. But despite my penchant for personal comfort and stability, it is time for some new adventures. Onward.

4 comments:

JuJu's Place said...

Congrats on the job! Best wishes and warm thoughts as you put the loose ends together- it will all work out! Wish we were closer and we could help y'all!

Chuck said...

Thanks for the kind words, J! 'Salright.

Alise said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's definitely a quick move -- I hope that it goes smoothly for you. When you get a chance, let us know what your new position will entail, as it sounds pretty fascinating.Good luck and enjoy your new adventure!

Anonymous said...

Great choice of cartoon comemorating the event! - dad