Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

I'm frustrated because I'm sick again. I have no idea why, but that cold is coming back. I started taking those foul-tasting Cold-Eeze when I noticed that I had a sore throat this time, though. I hate them, but they do decrease the length of a cold. The real issue with my second round of sickness, however, is that we still do not have insurance coverage and won't until September first. I'm not really concerned for Amy or myself as we can weather a cold without issue, but if Nicholas gets sick, he'll undoubtedly take a harder fall.

We still feel pretty unsettled here at the moment. The abrupt nature of this move coupled with the speed with which we have had to employ in order to accomplish it have taken an emotional toll on us. We'll recover, I know, but for now we don't feel at home. We're going to start looking for a house in a week or two, so I'm hoping that once we sell the house in Chicago and move in out here, our dispositions will begin to improve.

8 comments:

Alise said...

Sorry to hear about the relapse and about that "not at home" feeling. I <>hate<> that! I hope that both resolve quickly.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that it's not a recurring sinus infection? --SandyP.S. I hope you feel better (and sell the house) soon!!!!P.P.S. If it is a sinus infection, maybe you should try a neti pot. Be sure to use water that's slightly warm & pharmaceutical grade salt (that's totally dissolved).

Chuck said...

Yes, yes, I have heard tales of these neti pots! Bring me the dried carapaces of five giant black desert beetles of the moonless orbit and I will give you one. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it's not sinus problems. We think maybe Nick picked up something that both Amy and I had and now we're just passing it around. Thanks for the well wishes and for health and house sales!

JuJu&apos;s Place said...

Oh-- hope you're feeling better! Sickness is NO fun. OK-- here's my 2 cents-- eat your green veggies! Throw spinach and frozen fruit such as peaches and bananas into a good blender, whirl it up, and drink-- LOTS! Build up your immune system with greens. You'll never taste the spinach. Women can never shut their mouths when it comes to telling someone what that should do-- LOL! Anyway,-- seriously-- I hope you all are feeling better soon! Praying you can find joy in finding a home and getting settled-- all in time---Sending well wishes!!

Chuck said...

Thanks for the tip, Ju! As soon as we find the blender, I'll try that out. :)

mswewh said...

Warm, happy thoughts being sent your way. I know exactly how you feel. We went through a very similiar situation right after G was born. Although, we were lucky because we sold our house right after it went on the market in that crazy overinflated CA market several years back. So I can't even imagine the strain you feel from dealing with that too. We ended up living in a Extended Stay America in Schaumburg for over a month (2 adults, 1 baby, and 2 cats) while we tried to find a place to live.

vernicus said...

I'm surprised my wife didn't mention it, but she has sold me on the healing properties of fresh pineapple. There's some kind of chemical in it that helps with sore throats, so you might want to give that a try. I've found it helps even with post-nasal drip.Hang in there.--V.

Chuck said...

Thanks mswewh and V! Every time I feel down about something, I should remember that there's always someone who's either been through it before or more often. I have to thank everyone again for their tips and encouragement. It's nice to know that you're all out there and haven't dissolved into the binary ether. You're what makes the Intertubes good! I promise to catch up with all of you in due time.