So Etrian Odyssey didn't last long. I don't mind grinding for the sake of grinding, but this game had it in spades. Not only that but the difficulty spikes of the bosses were infuriatingly steep. Imagine you just spent the last 45 minutes grinding for special power points for your entire party only to be wiped out in the first round. "No more," I said. "I'm finished with this."
And so it was that my Odyssey came to an End. But, it was soon replaced by a host of brain teasers in Professor Layton and the Curious Village, a worthy game filled with puzzles mostly found in the always disappointingly titled "Games Magazine". It was disappointing to me, anyway.
Layton is fun but I was informed only yesterday that my DS-10 shipped. I can't wait. LFOs, here I come!
3 comments:
Awww, you didn't like Professor Layton? We had fun theorizing about the professor's relationship with Luke. . . I still haven't finished that @#$%! apple slidey puzzle. I've never been good at those. Evan's undoing was one of the matchstick puzzles. It's what he was playing when he came with me to the papermill in that series of photos on facebook. Also, when I bought it at Target, they carded me. I don't understand why.
No, I'm liking Layton mostly. I was saying that as a kid, I was always disappointed with the title of Games Magazine because I was used to read mags like Compute's Gazette which had computer game code to type in. When you were done, you had a working video game. Games Magazine however was just a bunch of Mensa puzzles that I was uninterested in (at the time).There have been a few puzzles in Layton that I think are really just not explained well enough (the techie girlfriend chocolate gift being one). The hints are plain stupid sometimes. The first one always just restates the problem (duh), the second one usually states something obvious that I've already figured out, and the third one either helps or is only more confusing depending on whether I'm being tested in an area that I'm skilled at or not.So yeah, I like Layton. It is much less soul crushing than Lagaard.
Ohhhh! I misinterpreted "it".:D
Post a Comment