I'm particularly proud of myself this weekend. I've never been much of a handyman and the DIY gene that others seem to possess has been largely dormant in me. But, I've made a vow to myself that I should begin working on these kinds of skills. So this weekend, I found myself installing our washer and dryer while switching out the three prong plug for the four prong one with the ground connection built into it. I also fixed a piece of furniture that got broken in the move from Chicago. I realize that these tasks are certainly not the Mount Everest of home improvement skills but, hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?
The move itself went really smoothly. Normally when we move during the summer months, the temperature is usually in the 90s with a heat index in the hundreds. Not that weekend. It was low to mid 70s all day Friday and Saturday and only crept into the 80s on Sunday. Monday, our actual move day, it rained, but the rain held off while the movers loaded the truck so it was really just cool and breezy. Also, because of the weather, we were able to move all of the boxes and little odds and ends ourselves and only needed the movers for the furniture which cut our cost in half.
No comments:
Post a Comment