Sunday, December 26, 2004

Welcome to Your New Home

Happy holidays to everyone. Amy and I are currently spending some time with our families during all of the annual events that are normally a part of this time of year. We delayed our travel home by one day due to the massive snow storm that swept across Indiana and Ohio on the 23rd. It was a wise decision because we saw many stranded vehicles in the median as we travelled east on I-80.

Things in our home town haven't changed much beyond the normal superficial alterations. Businesses have opened and closed, more people have moved into its borders, roads have been paved(!), but under the surface it's mostly the same place that we left a few years ago. Considering that assumption, I'm not sure how some people spend their entire lives in the same area. Nobody in my family avoided moving around the country to some extent whether that move was a few counties or a few states away and I am no exception. I very much enjoy living in Chicago and if the day comes when we are forced to leave, it will not be without some amount of disappointment.

Currently listening to: Pearl Jam, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

No comments: