Amy and I were returning home on Tuesday night last week when the "check engine" light on the dashboard winked on. We've had problems with the oil light flicking on and off intermittently so we waited a couple of days to see if this problem would also seem to lean towards electrical system failure rather than actual engine trouble. To keep this story concise, the light never went out so we took the car to the mechanic for a diagnostic test. As it turned out, the oxygen sensors had gone bad. For the mechanically inclined, I did indeed indicate more than one sensor. Also by chance, our car was manufactured in California where the emissions laws are more strict thereby requiring two oxygen sensors rather than one. So, all in all it was about $600 in wallet damage, which is still within our annual budget to keep the car running. But with Christmas on the way, that extra $600 does put a good-sized dent in our assets.
I wonder what my Christmas bonus will be. Possible enrollment in the jelly of the month club?
Currently listening to: Nullsleep, I Love U (...Both of U)
No comments:
Post a Comment