Amy and I got together with Jordan and Jeanne Sunday night for dinner and a movie. We went to a small Italian restaurant called Martino's and then retired to their basement which is quite literally a small movie theater. Jordan has a digital projector mounted from the ceiling that projects its image onto the screen. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions of the screen, but it has an aspect ratio similar in appearance to typical 16:9 televisions. The main differences, of course, are that it's a screen and it covers an entire wall. I was unsure what Amy's reaction to something like that would be and was pleased to discover that she was duly impressed. I am one step closer to my goal! Anyway, we watched Hero. It was, as usual, visually stunning and the combat sequences were amazing. Martial arts movies just plain rule.
In the frustrating news department, I did a quick check to see if there were any updated drivers for my professional audio card and found that the company, Aardvark Audio, has gone out of business. My first reaction is to sell the card, get what I can for it, and buy something that is still being manufactured. I haven't experienced a second reaction yet. I might just be stuck with it, which is fine unless I need support. I've also heard rumors that they only went under temporarily until some legal issues are sorted out, but I'm not holding my breath.
Currently listening to: Van Halen, I'll Wait
No comments:
Post a Comment