If you actually made it to the end of my B-Fest recap, you probably saw a bit about the rotating room in Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. When I saw the scene in the movie, I muttered some poor joke under my breath about A Nightmare on Elm Street which famously uses a rotating room in Freddy's first kill scene. As it turns out, I read later that the rotating room in Breakin' 2 is the exact same room from Nightmare. The Nightmare crew lent the room to the makers of Breakin' 2 and as an homage, you can spot Freddy's glove in the background during the scene where the room is used.
Other than bad movie news, there's not much going on around here as of late. I've been writing more music than normal at work. Instead of writing two second clips of music, I've been writing four second clips of music. I know, it's not a huge jump, but it's something. It's actually refreshing to be doing a little more with music at work. I very much enjoy designing sounds, but writing catchy little songs is just a tad more personally satisfying for me.
Amy has been looking for a new job since the turn of the new year. She's not experiencing the number of roadblocks that I found, but that's not really that surprising and a very good thing to boot. She's already considering a couple of positions that she expects will be offered to her soon. If you want to know more, drop her an email at amylarish AT hotmail DOT com. Please replace the AT with '@' and the DOT with '.' if you want her to get it. I know that there's probably a spider or a bot out there somewhere that can see through that configuration now so I don't know why I even bother.
No comments:
Post a Comment