Amy and I have been researching televisions and we came to a decision last Saturday about what we wanted. We ended up finding the Sony 34XS955 to be a good fit for what we wanted currently and for future component upgrades as well. It will be delivered on Saturday and I'm looking forward to rewatching my entire DVD collection on the new set.
Of course, the new set is a 16:9 set that doesn't fit in the furniture that we have. So, we took a trip to Ikea last night and picked out a new entertainment center that should work out well. The biggest concern we had to face with this new TV set was it's weight. The CRT set weighs in at 205 pounds and not every shelving unit can support that kind of mass. It was really just a price vs. pounds issue. We chose pounds because the price for less poundage was just too high.
I've been listening to a couple later CDs by the Presidents of the USA. I hadn't realized that they'd released any new material since II and the new sets Freaked Out and Small and Love Everybody are great. I'm not sure what it is with songs about planets and small bits of fuzz that drive toy cars that I find so appealing. Regardless, I've always really liked these guys and, in certain ways, these two newer albums are consistently better than their older stuff. I still think Dune Buggy is one of my favorite songs, but Jupiter and Poke and Destroy are now also at the top of the list.
No comments:
Post a Comment