Evan and Sandy were visiting us this weekend. Saturday afternoon, after a delicious buffet of Polish food at Red Apple we returned home and promptly took a nap. I've informed my coworkers that we'll have to make a visit to the Apple but we'll need to ensure that the afternoon of our visit is light on work at the office as well. On Sunday we headed to Chinatown to sample some Dim Sum at Phoenix, which was a new experience for Amy and I in terms of dining procedure. Dishes are literally driven around the dining area by waiters and you, the diner, are required to approve or disapprove their appearance on your table.
The Phoenix Restaurant's primary audience is the local Chinese residents so there was no Americanized placement of "alternative" silverware. Fortunately for me, I'm somewhat competent with a pair of chopsticks and was able to pick up all but the most slippery of foods. Amy was not so lucky so to compensate, she used a trick she learned from a tablemate at Benihana's: leave the chopsticks' rear end attached instead of breaking them apart. Regardless, we had a good time visiting with Evan and Sandy for the past couple of days.
The previous weekend of the 15th and 16th, Amy and I attended a 24 hour horror movie festival at the Music Box Theater with Dennis. I appreciated seeing Nosferatu with a live organ player. The instrument wasn't a real pipe organ, but the opportunities to see a silent film accompanied by a live musician in any form are increasingly slim so how can I be picky?
"Until then I will grin and act just like potato salad that doesn't like potato salad." -- from Batteries by The Sleuths
No comments:
Post a Comment