So, I suppose I would be remiss if I neglected to mention that the Chicago White Sox swept the World Series in four games and that the city in which I reside by proxy is bubbly with celebration. But if you knew me at all, you'd be aware that the focused attention my brain ascribes to any local sports team is peripheral when said team is winning a championship and wholly indetectible during the mundane portions of whichever season is current. My reaction to the news, which I pieced together by noting portions of rolled newspapers on the sidewalk during my stroll to the morning bus, was one of relaxed surprise followed by an understated jubilant exclamation. In fact, in lieu of the conclusion to The Series, I was busy escorting a robotic gorilla through a dangerous prehistoric crater. This is just the hard-knock life I lead.
I also checked up on my membership status over at the Game Audio Network Guild website earlier this week. It seems that despite the fact that I did not renew my membership almost two months ago, I am still able to log into the site, browse and post on the messageboard, and access the critical recorded resources that contain every morsel of wisdom from the game audio illuminati hive mind. Let me restate that the reason I disassociated myself from the group was a general sense of decay, a feeling that no one was paying attention to the organization despite many assurances to the contrary. I still believe I have, for now, made the correct decision and ask the question of GANG leadership, "Who's Minding the Mint?".
No comments:
Post a Comment