Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Kountdown to a Kitchen

In a perfect kind of synchronicity, our car has decided that it needs some service mere days after we poured thousands of dollars into a remodelling project. The bill is only a tiny drop in the bucket of the cost of the new kitchen, but I'd still be happier if we didn't have to spend anything at all. At the very least, we will see some of the fruits of our expenditures as the cabinets arrive on Friday. We have also finalized our choice of electrician and my mind is at ease knowing that he comes so well referred from Jordan. I am excited to see this project commence, knowing that we should be in a brand new kitchen by the first half of June. The pictures will be coming shortly but not to this site. I will send them via email to those of you who actually wish to see them.

I have been yearning for some new music recently and have been pointed in the direction of two bands that are new to me, one contemporary and one very old. Yonder Mountain String Band is a blue/newgrass outfit that I had not heard of before this week. They are not as influenced by jazz as, say, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, but I have noticed that they will open for BFatF as part of their tour schedule. I have also been pointed towards Cannon's Jug Stompers. You can grab one of their most successful songs in mp3 format here. You might recognize it.

Speaking of old things, I turn 31 on Saturday. I know I'm getting older when some of those around me don't get the pop culture references I make. Time to get the black socks out and sit on my front lawn with the hose. Also, the Green has officially been around for two years. I can stick with some things as long as they're pointless.

No comments: