Friday, June 09, 2006

Green Sampler

The cabinets are in place now. The kitchen feels a little smaller than it used to, but we have a lot more storage space. Once the countertop and sink are installed, we'll also have more open countertop space in which to work. Simon and John came over to finish the electrical work on Wednesday so we also have the undercabinet lighting installed. I think it looks really good. Finally, the countertop company sent someone over to measure this morning. According to their estimates, the countertop and sink will be installed sometime during the week of June of 19th-23rd.

Last Sunday, Amy and I went to Oconomowoc, Wisconsin for the Midwest Gaming Classic. They had lots of pinball and arcade machines set up for free play. They also had a room set up where collectors were showing off some of their prized possessions. The one item that brought back memories for me was an Atari 2600 demo station that used to be displayed at Sears. It was bright orange and it had a list of 100 games and there were two small buttons on the bottom right that you used to increment the game number and make your selection. The memories I had of the thing were vague, but I definitely remember seeing one of them when I was kid.

I've been listening to a lot of music lately thanks to one of Amy's birthday gifts to me. I feel a little bit like I'm 15 again. I remember sitting in my bedroom as a teenager listening to CDs and cassettes when I should have doing my homework. Back then, it seemed as though I knew every note on every track. I listened to music constantly and I think it was good training that I didn't know I was getting. It didn't help me with my trigonometry, but it did help me develop an ear for melodies, rhythms, and chord progressions that helped me through my music theory courses. As for what I am listening to, here's the list titles this week:

No comments: