Friday, October 27, 2006

Madison Madness and Money

Amy and I went to Madison last weekend to visit Evan and Sandy. On Saturday, we went to the airing of 'Michael Feldman's Whad'ya Know?' at the Monona Convention Center. I ended up getting on the show for about five seconds courtesy of a question that Dennis insisted be asked of a guest director at the Musicbox Massacre, "Which would win in a fight: an 800 pound gorilla or 800 one-pound squirrels?". Unfortunately, no answer to the question was even attempted, but it did offer me a questionable fame of the NPR variety. Proof of the event can be found at the shows website, www.notmuch.com. The date of our attendance was October 21st and I'm on near the top of the second hour of the show, probably in the third segment.

On Sunday, we made a short visit to Devil's Lake following an afternoon tour of Baraboo through various artists' homes. Local artists were showing their wares throughout the area and so we stopped at a number of them, not only admiring their craft but also partaking in some of the snacks that were available as a thank you for visiting. One place even had soup, which was a warm welcome on a rather frigid October day. We also played Artifact, the game I got from my parents a few months ago a couple of times and we can now see some of the strategies involved and how they can be turned around quickly during the endgame.

Finally, my first batch of freelance work will be coming from Rosetta Stone sometime in the next few days. It appears that this could be relatively steady work and the extra money will definitely come in handy while we still have the kitchen debt. I'm not exactly sure how I would like to manage these monies yet, though. I have always wanted to set up a seperate account for freelance audio work an have that money pay for more and better studio gear. In other words, the money made from extra audio work would go toward some kind of studio fund. That was the advice that was given to me quite a while ago and I would like to follow it, but that kitchen debt is just begging to paid. Obvioulsy, more thought will have to be given to the matter. Ultimately, I would rather have this dilemma over the problem of finding where the money is going to come from in the first place.

No comments: