Monday, April 30, 2007

Decked

We spent the weekend tearing our old deck down. It was a lot of work, but I especially had a lot of fun smashing things. Well, everything except one thing. You'll see. Here's the deck as it was originally, except of course for the railing that had been intact at the top. I didn't think about taking pictures until after I'd pulled it off.


And here's some shots of the progress:







And here's what happened when I accidentally threw the claw hammer at my leg. Whoops!



See, my right arm was tired from using the sledgehammer all day and even the claw hammer was proving difficult so I decided to try to use my weaker left hand in order to strengthen it. I was swinging as hard as I could when it slipped right out of my hand and right into my shin. Fortunately, the next day I didn't have any more pain once I walked off the pain I felt the after letting it rest for the night.

No comments: