We've returned from PA over our long weekend celebrating both my mother's birthday and Amy's father's 60th birthday and retirement. Amy had planned a big surprise party for him across three states and it actually worked out really well. He seemed very surprised so that's what I would call success in this case. Brenda, a girl I knew in high school, ended up being there and I haven't seen her in probably six or seven years at a different friend's wedding so we said a quick hello and caught up before she had to leave. Her daughter was super cute and one of the only children I've met that isn't frightened to death of me.
I played tech support on Saturday and helped my dad figure out how to get his music scanned and resized with his new computer and peripherals. OK, dad, it's all up to you now! Just do it and unplug that old Win95a beast! We'll hold a remote retirement party over the internet for it if you want. I also set up my mom's new computer and peripherals which she considered part of her birthday gift, but really, it was just fun for me. I'm just glad I could help out. For her birthday, we took my mom out to dinner and gave her the annual double whammy of gifts for Mother's Day and her birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment