Tuesday, June 26, 2007

8 Things About Me

First, my apologies to Jen for forgetting to check out what she was talking about with this. Second, I never do these but I'm a sucker for the ladies. Luv ya, babes.

The rules: Each player lists 8 facts or habits about themselves; the rules of the game are to be posted first; at the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and goes to their blogs to leave a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged.

1. There is not a single kind of music to which I will not listen: black metal, avant-garde electronic, bluegrass, jazz, pop, I'll listen to anything. If you can't respect something that's good even if you don't like it, your not thinking clearly enough.

2. As an extension of number one, a few of my favorite performers are The Innocence Mission, Rush, They Might Be Giants, Sonny Rollins, and The Stanley Brothers.

3. I will always play video games. I will always be play games that I find interesting and entertaining. I will never again be able to play them as much as I did when I was younger, but I think their potential to teach us something about the world around us is only now beginning to be tapped.

4. I am a complete nerd. My cat is named Sid, partly after the SID6581 which is the sound chip from the Commodore 64, my first love in the world of computer music. SID stands for Sound Interface Device.

5. I just fixed a stuck left Shift key on my keyboard. It was really annoying me.

6. I love standing next to the ocean during a storm. The obvious exceptions to this apply.

7. I really like bicycling. I ride to work when I can. It saves me money and doesn't waste our natural resources.

8. I like you. If you're reading this, chances are high that we've been friends at some point during my short life. Thanks for being my friend.

Für Alise (next) :)

2 comments:

Alise said...

TMBG really do give a great show, don't they? It depresses me that I didn't see them live til just last year. That's a lot of entertainment that's been missed!

JuJu's Place said...

Thanks for the info! Wasn't sure if you'd participate - was pleasantly surprised! Have a great one!! :)