Monday, July 30, 2007

Send Remittance To:

I think everyone who stops by here knows by now. Amy is pregnant with our first child. It hasn’t been a cakewalk for her these first two and half months. We’ve read quite a bit since we’ve known about the pregnancy, and we know the average answers to many normal pregnancy questions. Nevertheless, we were really looking forward to our first visit with our obstetrician today to ask questions about our specific issues, not to mention getting another look at how our little dot is growing.

But, they cancelled! We’ve waited three weeks for this and they cancelled three hours before our appointment! I don’t know about you, but most medical offices I visit threaten me with a monetary fee if I cancel 24 to 48 hours before the appointment. Where’s my fee? Where’s my fifty bucks? My time is just as valuable as the doctors’ time. Isn’t it? (crickets) Blood, devastation, death, war, and horror. Grrr.

2 comments:

JuJu's Place said...

Ahh yes-- the ob dr. office joys- that happens quite often, usually because they are delivering other little dots :) hang in there- when's the reschedule?

Alise said...

I'm so far behind -- congrats! Hope that you, mom and baby have a wonderful pregnancy.And because I care (and am an obnoxious person), think very hard about including a doula in your birth plans. Seriously, it can really help both you and Amy to have a trained birth attendant there with you during the delivery. For more info, you can check out dona.org or cappa.net. Congrats again!