Friday, August 03, 2007

10 1/2 Weeks

Our visit with the obstetrician yesterday went very well. Amy is doing fine and everything is progressing as normal. She is still rather worried about a miscarriage. Her worries have probably returned a little because we have heard that a couple we know has recently and unfortunately had one. However, as both the doctor and I have now both told her, her chances for a miscarriage are dropping steadily at this point and in another couple of weeks those chances will drop very sharply with the onset of her second trimester.

We had another ultrasound at the office and again, things are looking quite normal. There are limb stubs that have now formed and we were also able to see its heart beating. It was pretty active, too, which was interesting to see. Unfortunately, I do not have a new picture, but maybe in another month or so.

Amy is still very nauseous all the time, too. The doctor assured her that it would subside in another week or so. I'll be happy with two or three weeks, but one would be just super. Just in case, the doc gave us a prescription for some medicine (not sure what the name is) that will ease her nausea. But he warned us to check to make sure that our insurance will cover it before we buy it. All he said was that, "It's expensive." I'm inclined to believe him.

As for myself, I've now known about the baby for over a month and I go back and forth between genuine excitement and abject terror. I get excited when I think about holding my son or daughter in my arms for the first time. The terror begins when I think about all the things I have to do before that moment. And then all the stuff after that, too. :)

Oh, look, how appropriate...

----------------
Now playing: R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: