Finally I'm on vacation. They let us go a couple hours early from work today but while I was there we had some fun. Curtis was scoring audio for a new product demo video, so I was able to sit in and play the bass track for it. If it ever shows up on the web somewhere, I'll link it. I know that it's just a small potatoes demo but I'm proud of it anyway. Despite the fact that I'm not much of a bass player, I can hold my own on simpler tracks.
Last weekend, we hosted a pre-Thanksgiving dinner for two couples, Autumn and Claudiu and Todd and Andi, with which we are friends. Amy and I spent most of last weekend either shopping for the food and cleaning the house or preparing the meal. When it comes to the meal, I like to help, but I like it better when Amy is in charge. I don't mind following orders in the kitchen, just don't leave it to me to decide what to do!
As for the meal, we made a pretty traditional feast with the standard foods like turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and some home cooked bread. The stuffing is my new favorite and has been since our first Thanksgiving in Chicago. Amy found the recipe which includes the standard ingredients plus carrots and apples and some other stuff that I'm probably forgetting. The salty/sweet combination of the spices and the apples is delicious and I look forward to it every year now.
After dinner, we forced Todd and Andi into a game of Bang!. From previous conversations with Todd, I know that they're not much for games because that's what I've been told, but I think they had a fun time anyway. As a reward for their graciousness in allowing me to subject them to a game like Bang!, we played a few rounds of Catch Phrase, too. I'm just that kind of guy!
To all that stop by here, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
----------------
Now playing: Bob Dylan - It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
via FoxyTunes
1 comment:
I didn't get to play ANY games this Thanksgiving, which was a huge bummer. I don't know Bang! -- I'll have to look into it.
Post a Comment