Thursday, December 13, 2007

Heatwave

Why do so many talking heads on the news, during the transition away from the weather, complain about how cold it is? I actually have a bit of news for them: (My finger is to my ear right now.) This just in, IT'S WINTER! It's supposed to be cold!

It's not even that cold right now in reality. The temperature is hovering at just under zero degrees Celsius. Negative ten or twenty degrees Celsius is cold but zero for December? That actually seems a little warm in comparison to normal temperatures for this latitude.

I don't know why I'm ever surprised, though. Every time the TV lady with the highlighted hair and too much makeup starts complaining that it's not warm enough outside, I just shut her out and dream of a giant snowstorm.

1 comment:

JuJu's Place said...

SOOO true! No complaints here-- I just need to find a warmer climate to move to--- :) PS. The squirrels LOVE the food humans hang up for them in this kind of weather!