I applied to two more jobs over the weekend. One of those jobs was a sound designer position with Bally Technologies, makers of many electronic casino gaming machines. They caught me off guard on Tuesday by calling me. Yes, they called and it was weird. Anyway, they only wanted to know if I had some demo material available to submit. Of course, I did, so I pointed them to a link. My hopes aren't high, though. I don't expect to hear anything else from them, actually. Those positions are just as competitive as video game jobs and I may have only been graced with a phone call due to submitting early in their search process.
I also applied to a position at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. They need two audio professionals to help manage their audio assets at a library in their department of ornithology. I'm truly excited about this particular opportunity because it's long been a fantasy of mine to be able to live the librarian's life, surrounded by all kinds of knowledge at my fingertips, there for the taking. I'm sure my mother is thrilled with the ornithology part of the equation as someone who spent, in my memory anyway, an inordinate amount of time listening to bird call records in college.
In any case, it's good to feel like I'm making even a little headway in my career by having someone call me about a position when I apply. It sure beats being ignored. Baby steps, right?
1 comment:
Good Luck, Good Luck, Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment