Monday, March 31, 2008

Helpful Visitors

We've had a couple of busy weekends since my last post. Amy's parents and grandmother were out for Easter weekend. Thankfully, they had already planned to stay Friday night near Toledo and come the rest of the way on Saturday morning because the weather, as you might have seen in my previous post, was not really conducive for travel. They gave us the best Easter present ever and watched Nick for a couple of hours that night while Amy and I went out to dinner, just the two of us. They actually trusted us to come back. Perhaps we'll take advantage of that in the future.

This weekend, Ian, Rachel, Lucian, and Joel are visiting and have also been a big moral support. On Saturday, Ian, Joel, and I headed up to Oconomowoc, WI for the Midwest Gaming Classic. I was a little disappointed that AtariAge wasn't there. Neither was another vendor who usually sells reconditioned Atari controllers. I was hoping to pick up a pair of paddle controllers this year, but it looks like Ebay for me. I did get to pick up a copy of Dreamfall, the sequel to The Longest Journey for a fiver as well as Hotel Dusk: Room 215, a game I wanted to get when it out, then didn't thinking it would be available for quite a while given the hype, then couldn't because it was no longer being distributed new and had disappeared from many used shelves after winning a handful of media awards at the end of last year.

Nick continues to do well. He no longer looks as slim as he did after he lost some of his birth weight. He's chubbing right up and looks as round as ever. He's also getting much better at tracking sights and sounds and it's nice to have him try to look in our direction when we say good morning. Amy's starting to pump so I'll get another baby task added to my list, which is not necessarily a bad thing and I'm glad to be able to help her. It's just that I'm not exempt anymore! Finally, I'm working through about an hour of video footage to compile into a DVD of his first few weeks. Lots of funny faces and lying about staring at lights... only recommended for family! ;)

1 comment:

Alise said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away for a few hours. Having a minute to be a grown-up, not just a parent is A Good Thing (tm). Definitely, if you have free baby-sitting, enjoy it!Can't wait to see new pics!