Sunday, September 07, 2008

More Whining

Everyone here is down with a nasty bug. Or for Amy and I, it could be allergies. Nick is still running a fever and has an ear infection, but his eyes have returned to normal. His lungs are rattling when he exhales now, but his nasal passages aren't quite as clogged. Amy and I have similar symptoms but she's a couple days ahead of where I am.

I have to admit that I'm getting a little depressed. I'm working so hard to keep my head above water with school but being sick all the time is really wearing me out. I don't know how I'll make it to December let alone June. I'm no help to Amy with Nick on the weekends because I'm at school, working, and when I'm not at school I'm at home sleeping because I'm exhausted. We don't have any friends or family here to help us with Nick and I'm finding it more difficult not to get jealous of coworkers who have people they can lean on.

I've been told that the ragweed is what people have trouble with out here in terms of allergies at this time of year. Honestly, I don't even care what it is anymore. I just want to feel normal again. When I said "Temporary setbacks, permanent improvements," two months ago, I had no idea the setbacks would be so physically difficult.

I know that a few people read this blog now and sometimes I feel guilty for posting what amounts to nothing but whining. Nobody wants to read this. So I apologize for the sour times reporting. It's just the reality for now. Even though we know we'll come through this stronger than before and that things really aren't as bad as they might seem, it's hard to see the bigger picture when there's no sign of relief in sight. I just want to feel normal again, if only for a little while.

2 comments:

JuJu's Place said...

You're not whining- just letting us into your life. People who care want to know how things are going and though they're very far away, even warm wishes can help. I really pray you all are feeling better soon!! Hang in there!!

mswewh said...

Don't feel bad at all! It is nice to hear how you guys are doing. Not so nice to hear things are rather tough for you. I completely understand just how you feel with everything. I am just sorry we aren't closer to help. V and I were right where you are not that long ago, which is why we just picked up and moved to be closer to family. Fortunately V's job allowed us to do that and remain financially secure. I am very happy that we did it. We have actually spent so much time out doing things (like shopping, etc) without one or both of our kids since we moved that V was starting to feel a bit guilty. After 4 years of doing it all alone I find the help heaven -no guilt here. I look forward to reading your entries regardless of the tone. Keep them coming. Know you are in our thoughts. Take Care.