such, such were the joys when we all, girls and boys in our youth time were seen on the echoing green. -- William Blake
Sunday, December 21, 2008
I'll Be Back
Or rather, I am back. My Facebook absence was short-lived. But it gave me the opportunity to really consider why I was there in the first place. I enjoy keeping in touch with some of the people I've met in my life who are no longer in close enough proximity to visit me in meat space. I think curiosity got the better of me more often than it should have and I allowed more people to become my "friend" than I should have. I just wasn't comfortable around many of them anymore, even as a digital avatar. It became a high school reunion rather than a way to stay in contact with better friends. Moving forward, I will try to be more selective and also a better human being now that I understand a few more things about myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment