Friday, January 23, 2009

Loose Ends

Nicholas has improved over the last three nights. I have now had two out of three nights of (mostly) uninterrupted sleep. What I really want to know is this: what switch is in his little brain that flips after a couple of days of using a timed response method? It's like night and day, on and off, 0 and 1, rather than a smooth downward curve as I would expect. One night he screams and screams. Then, next to nothing. No matter the explanation, though. I'll take the result.

The house sale and rental has hit a couple of small bumps but nothing too bad. Our buyers need a two week extension to let their mortgage lenders take their sweet time because, you know, now that they actually care about their lending practices, it's time to batten down the hatches. On the rental side of the coin, we're still waiting on the lease to be drafted, but we've been promised sometime today. We're hoping that Amy can sign first with me to follow if necessary because I will be out of town all weekend.

I leave for Chicago tomorrow morning. I'll be flying in to monitor the movers on Sunday as they clear all of our possessions from the old property. It will be my first time there since August and the last visit I will ever make to that house. Amy says she's glad I'm going. I can't say that I would disagree if the shoe were on the other foot.

2 comments:

vernicus said...

Hope you have a safe and productive trip.

Alise said...

I hope your trip has been good and you haven't been too tied up in weather. Also hope that Nicholas has continued that good sleep for Amy!