such, such were the joys when we all, girls and boys in our youth time were seen on the echoing green. -- William Blake
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Friendly Robin
My parents will never believe this, but after work today I was doing some more yard work in the tiny garden space we have in the back pulling weeds and turning over the dirt so that Amy might have a chance to plant something there. While I was doing all this, I was sharing time with a robin in search of grubs and worms. The smell must have attracted it because as soon as I had turned the first shovel of earth, it was hanging around waiting for me to stop digging. Whenever I stopped to take a break, it would run around near my feet where I was working pulling out the easy pickings.
No comments:
Post a Comment