Some bad news today. I learned that the current crop of employees up for review this month in my department are receiving between 0% and 1% increases in salary. This is down from our customary 3% to 4% and far below what I have received in the past. How sad and disappointing it is to know that despite already being approximately $10K below what I should already be earning, I will more than likely not even have the opportunity to keep up with that ten thousand dollar deficit come my own review in November.
When I first heard that this was happening in other departments within PIL, it was my concern that this phenomenon would quickly spread to the audio department and, lo, my fears have come true. I could only hold out hope for so long that things would eventually turn around to my benefit and I believe that this news may be the final straw for my stay with the company. I know the search ahead of me will not be quick or easy, but it is obvious that I should no longer hold much confidence under PIL's umbrella. I'm hoping that it takes me no more than two(ish) years to secure another position as by the end of that tenure, I should be approaching a six year stint.
To temper the bad news somewhat, I also learned that Molly has accepted the position with Fisher Price that we applied for. I definitely hope to stay in contact with her because I did very much want one of those positions that opened and I would only ask that she let me know when they might need to replace someone or add more fresh blood to the team. The pay is better, the perks are better, the benefits are better, and it's closer to both Amy's and my family. Plus, no holes in the building, which is nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment