I'm really sick of whining. So here's some cheese to soften the taste. If my parents saw me right now, they'd wonder what alien arrived on Earth in its humming disc and replaced their son with a pod person. (I always wanted to be Trumpy.) They would probably then wonder if this pod person would clean their bathroom. Why? This pod person does yard work on the weekends, cleans the house, and helps its wife plant tomato plants in the back yard. This pod person is cooking dinner on a semi-regular basis and I'm not talking about pasta.
One thing that I've really appreciated about the whole pregnancy thing is watching myself grow up just a little bit more. Having to take care of Amy and a lot of other things at once is teaching me more about responsibility than I could have learned on my own. I don't even think this is a lesson to be taught by mom and dad (sorry guys). It's just not something a stubborn teenager is really going to latch onto if you know what I mean. I knew that this experience would change me, but I'm starting to see how it can really change me for the better in ways I never imagined.
3 comments:
Ahhh-- a lesson we all have to learn, sometimes the hard way (and I'm STILL learning-LOL)Hey- whatcha ccoking for dinner? Any yummy recipes??Hope Amy's feeling better~Jen
Pasta. Ha ha.
You're right -- growing up isn't something that anyone can teach. And it's not even something you always realize in the midst, but it's fascinating to look back and see how you've changed. And yeah, having kids does that in wholly unimaginable ways!~A
Post a Comment