I am proud of us, Amy and I. I'm proud of ourselves for overcoming our own fears this weekend. We're making progress and gaining confidence every week. We went out on a personal limb and took Nick out twice this weekend to friends' gatherings for the Memorial Day. Saturday evening, we went over to Curtis and Tara's for some barbecue, burgers, and beer. Both Nick and his parents did pretty well. He got seriously fussy a couple of times but we were able to put him into the front carrier and have him settle down there. Then, Sunday, we were invited to Claudiu and Autumn's for lunch and games. Nick spent some good awake time with us and napped on their bed when he got tired.
We also tried something new with the car seat. We removed the little head support thing we'd been using since he was a newborn since he really doesn't need it anymore. He got fussy only once during one of the travel sessions and didn't have any meltdowns at all. The litmus test for the removal of the head support will be the stroller when I get a chance later this week.
Oh, and Nick's doing well too.
1 comment:
Yay!! There's progress!Now-- can someone give me some confidence for my 8 year old?? :)
Post a Comment