Friday, May 16, 2008

Safety Clips

The other day, I was putting Nick into his chair that bounces and vibrates so that Amy and I could get our dinner ready. There is a strap that comes up between his legs with two clips to the sides of it to keep him from throwing himself out of it at any moment. So I'm chatting him up, trying to get a smile and succeeding, feeling really good about being a dad and all.

Let's get lefty!

Click.

One clip done.

Ok? Can you smile for daddy?

*smile*

Yay! Ok, now we'll put righty in.

Click (with a little resistance...)

(What's wrong with this clip now?)

WWWWAAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I accidentally clipped his butter fat thigh while I was playing with him and he had every right to scream in my ear for a few minutes. I felt so terrible. He even had a little bruise where I got him. Of course, he's just fine, but I felt so incredibly awful about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those clips were a great invention and a curse all at the same time. Both V and I have clipped G's skin into her bike helmet before we figured out that we need to put our hand in between her and the clip when closing it. Then just as we got her to trust us in putting on her helmet again her Grandmother accidentally clipped her too.-wewh