Last Saturday afternoon, we were leaving the house and as we began to back out of the driveway, I noticed a package on the porch. The postman had not rung the bell, so I was surprised and thankful to have spotted it before we left. I hopped out of the car and retrieved the package. It was from my friend Evan which piqued my interest. I opened the box and my eyes were blinded by the fiercest golden rays of light. No, actually there were three computer games and a CD-R stuffed with mods for all three titles. The games were Neverwinter Nights: Platinum Edition, Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Extra-Honking-Special Edition, and Age of Mythology: Gold-(better-than-the-previous)-Edition. It was like Christmas except more dangerous for my social skills. That evening, I promptly ordered a CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive from NewEgg.com (I didn't have a DVD-ROM drive and two of the three titles were DVD-ROM editions) and resigned myself to the fact that I need to get off my butt and reinstall my operating system as it's been running rather shoddily. So, again, "Thank You" to Evan and I'll see you online.
Also, I've neglected to mention that I've been in contact with Vern again after almost four years. I met Vern when we lived in the same apartment building on Forward Avenue in Pittsburgh. Eventually, Vern left Dreamforge Intertainment, got a job with LucasArts in California, got married, and moved away. But a few weeks ago, there was a message on my answering machine from him saying that he was moving to Chicago. As it turns out, he's accepted a position as senior programmer at High Voltage Software in Hoffman Estates. Hopefully, Amy and I will get together with Vern and Wendy for a nice dinner after they get settled into their new home. All of this is further proof that the world is too small.
I've been given a free pass for 4 tickets to an advanced screening of The Incredibles on Thursday night. I'm not sure, but I think this movie might just top most of Pixar's previous films. I usually enjoy their movies, but sometimes the scripts seem to get bogged down in their own sappiness a la Finding Nemo. I can't even begin to describe how much I didn't care after Nemo was presumed to be gone forever for the 27th time. Get on with it. So, the bottom line is that I'm looking forward to seeing The Incredibles.
Currently listening to: Koji Kondo, Lon Lon Ranch - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time OST
No comments:
Post a Comment