It has been slow going for the last 10 days. As of my last post, Amy was sick and as you might expect, I was next in line for the newest version of the flu virus. I actually took a day off of work on Monday, November 8th because I wasn't feeling well. I had been saving that day for sometime next year, but in the end, I made the right decision to stay home. That was the worst day of one of the nastier colds that I've had in the past few years. I'm still recovering actually, but the only symptom left is a nagging cough that enjoys waking me up at 2:30am.
On a better note, I installed my new DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive, performed a full format of my hard drive, and reinstalled the operating system on the computer. Everything is now running very smoothly again. The icing on the cake is that there are no horror stories to report. After the reinstall, I promptly installed the three games that were given to me by Evan and we've already played twice. We've started with a community made module for Neverwinter Nights that's proving to a bit of a challenge. Mysteriously, it also has a tendency to only award experience points for kills to the party leader instead of distributing the points evenly. We keep switching the party leadership back and forth each time one of us levels-up.
In other game news, I finally finished Painkiller as well as Super Mario Sunshine. Since I can't seem to function without playing a game with a long storyline that can easily rack up hours of play time, I started playing Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker which is proving to be almost is fun as Ocarina of Time. I really like the cel shading, too. I don't like it any more or less than the older games' graphic styles, but it's a neat change.
Currently listening to: John Coltrane, Countdown (alt take)
No comments:
Post a Comment