such, such were the joys when we all, girls and boys in our youth time were seen on the echoing green. -- William Blake
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Eight Years
Amy and I are traveling to Galena again in March and I can't wait because I really want a vacation no matter how small. It's technically our anniversary trip that we had to put off because things are so busy right now. It's hard for me to believe we've been married for eight years now (on the 20th). For me, the first four years were a blur. I remember where we lived and what we were doing and the people we knew, but it seems like ancient history. I love to think back in awe at how we made it through those first few years. Amy was counting and sorting coupons to make sure we could save twenty-five cents on a loaf of bread. We had two movie theaters withing walking distance of our first apartment but we would drive 45 minutes to West Mifflin to go to the theater that had two dollar seats rather than pay eight dollars for the same seats and newer movies. We hardly ever went out to eat. There was a well-respected seafood place on the corner that we never went to because we never could have afforded it. We've since promised ourselves that we would go back someday. We mooched a free dial-up connection service from the University of Pittsburgh because we couldn't pay the ten or fifteen bucks a month for a more reliable service. We lived on a busy street directly next to on of the busiest highways in the city. But we made it and if we ever have kids I can't wait to bore them with stories of how Amy and I pulled through a really tough time because we needed each other. Happy eighth, Amy!
No comments:
Post a Comment